In order to support its overall objective – strengthening cooperation in ICT research between Europe and Southeast Asia – the SEACOOP partnership has organised a total of 6 cooperation events in both regions, over the period 2010-2011.
These events have been synchronised, whenever possible, with policy dialogue meetings, in order to support them and have the possibility to involve in the cooperation events high-level officials participating in these meetings.
They all have been thematic, focusing on research themes or topics that have been identified as having a great potential for cooperation between Europe and Southeast Asia. They have therefore mainly been for participants, beyond an opportunity to meet and network with peers, an occasion to openly interact with the SEACOOP partnership and possibly conclude with them on precise cooperation opportunities on the themes the events are focusing on.
Below is the list of these six cooperation events, each one being detailed in the sub-sections of the present section:
- April 7, 2010 in Singapore: 1st Cooperation Event on “ICT for tomorrow’s cities”,
- June 23, 2010 in Manila, Philippines: 2nd Cooperation Event on “Networked Electronic Media”,
- September 30, 2010 in Brussels, Belgium: 3rd Cooperation Event on “eInfrastructures”,
- April 5, 2011 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: 4th Cooperation Event on “Internet of Things”,
- April 7, 2011 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: 5th Cooperation Event on “ICT for Inclusion”,
- October 25, 2011 in Yangon, Myanmar: 6th Cooperation Event on “ICT research and ICT for development”